1. Any article listing the top part 10 of anything might be widely read.
2. A poll of folks in 65 countries, including the United States, finds that the U . s . is overwhelmingly considered the best threat to peace on this planet. The consensus would have been even stronger had the usa itself not been polled, as the 5 percent of humanity living we have found largely convinced that the other 95% of humanity C that group with experience being threatened or attacked with the United States C is wrong. Of course, our government in the US tells us it is in favor of peace. No matter if it bombs cities, it will do it for peace. It can be hard for people under the bombs to find out that. We in the US possess a better perspective.
3. Polls in the country through the 2003-2011 war on Iraq found a majority in the US believed Iraqis were more well off as the result of a war that severely damaged C even destroyed C Iraq. [The last such poll could have been Gallup in August 2010.] Most Iraqis, in contrast, believed they were worse off. [Zogby, Dec. 20, 2011.] A big part in the United States believed Iraqis were grateful. [The last such poll had been CBS News in August 2010.] This is usually a disagreement over facts, not ideology. But people often choose facts to become aware of as well as to accept. Tenacious believers in tales of Iraqi \”weapons of mass destruction\” tended to consentrate more, not less, firmly when shown the important points. The facts about Iraq will not be pleasant, but they are important. To consentrate that the people who live where your nation\’s government has waged a war be more effective off for it, despite those people\’s contention actually worse off, suggests an extreme sort of arrogance C and a misplaced arrogance as you have just proven that a few slick politicians will make you believe up is down.
4. According to USians, the greatest threat to peace we know is a nation that hasn\’t threatened any other, and hasn\’t attacked any other in centuries, a nation that suffered horrible chemical weapons attacks and refused to work with chemical weapons in response, a nation that has refused to develop nuclear weapons but been falsely charged with doing so by the US government for decades. That\’s right: a bit of laughably bad propaganda, regurgitated in variations for 10 years, and the smart critical thinkers in the Land of the Free declare a nation having a military budget below 1% that belongs to them C Iran C the greatest threat to peace. [Check out Gareth Porter\’s forthcoming book, .] Edward Bernays is cackling wickedly within the grave.
5. Because no childrens favourite has ever been named after Edward Bernays, nobody\’s ever encountered him.
6. In poll after poll after poll, 75% to 85% in the country say their system of government is broken. Yet, what stays the top piece of advice to agitators for change? You heard that right: \”Work within the system.\” Along with what remains the fallback ultimate reliable justification for launching or escalating or continuing a war: You heard right: \”We need to bring our system of government to others.\”
7. When US military spending actually inch below $1 trillion per year, military-friendly journalists declare the weapons lobby dead.? If this begins to inch back slightly above $1 trillion each year, slightly less military-friendly journalists declare the weapons profiteers alive but struggling. In both scenarios, the level of spending remains roughly $1 trillion additionally, the difference between the high end as well as low end, while greater than other public programs will ever see, is fewer than the Pentagon \”misplaces\” in an average 12-month period.
8. On Tuesdays, Obama goes through a list of men, women, and children, picks which ones to have murdered, and possesses them murdered. Knowing this might conflict with hating exclusively a certain sub-group of our public sociopaths, so the majority of people simply choose not to know it.
9. If Iraq had really had those weapons, in case Syria had demonstrably really killed a small number of its victims with the wrong kind of weapons, and if Iran were really building nuclear weapons- then launching wars on those countries would nevertheless be illegal, immoral, and disastrous. All of us have opinions about the question the war-makers want asked, yet not about the insanity that lies behind the question.
10. People have been dying since before recorded history, however only those who pretend to believe nobody dies can be viewed as serious, honest, upstanding folk. That you have another longer life helps us not worry a great deal of about getting screwed in this one. Perhaps it also helps us in allowing our \”representatives\” to routinely end the lives of so many foreign, and thus ignorant, people.